Sunday, June 28, 2009

Strawberry Coconut Milk Kefir



Yesterday I enjoyed a yummy green smoothie. Since I was able to get my hands on some of the new So Delicious Coconut Milk Kefir, I thought that this morning I'd give the strawberry flavor a try. I never had dairy kefir, so I had no basis of comparison. But the coconut milk kefir was creamy and delicious, and reminded me of the Dannon strawberry yogurt I used to eat by the bucketful as a kid. You remember—the kind in the waxy little containers with the fruit on the bottom that you had to scoop up and mix in with the yogurt. And I felt really good starting my day with this new dairy-free beverage, because it contains 10 live active cultures that are reported to have a myriad of health benefits. Salud!

7 comments:

jessica said...

I can't wait to try this, but I haven't seen it. Is it available in stores yet?

Vegiegail said...

I'm told it will start hitting store shelves over the next 3-4 weeks.

Desert Dogs California said...

It looks amazing. I love so delicious products! Wish I could afford this!

annie said...

Dairy-free coconut milk kefir? I must be dreaming!

Unknown said...

mmm yumm sounds so good, thanks for the suggestion on my blog. Have you ever made the kefir yourself? I tried with cow milk a few years ago, never got it right. Maybe I should try again

Vegiegail said...

Though I've never tried it myself, I know that you can make kefir at home with coconut milk. But this is so much easier! :)

Unknown said...

I will try with coconut milk, need to find some kefir grains first. I am having no luck with that. Anyone here know anyone with some to spare?